The Boxed Solutions Guide is designed for Mobility Managers whether new-comers or experts. The Guide in combination with the Mobility Labelling Tool is intended to provide assistance and guidance to Mobility Managers in the designing and implementation of mobility plans in business and industrial zones (BIZ). Nonetheless, the Guide can also be used by individual companies as the principal process to develop a specific mobility plan for their organisation and the mobility solutions indicated are relevant to all types of working places.
The Guide is divided in 10 “boxes” each one of which addresses a specific mobility topic, illustrates best practice and provides resources to assist an organisation in improving their mobility practices. The materials are standalone but do point to other areas of good practice and encourage the user to consider what support already exists in their region.
By implementing a “Boxed Solution” the BIZ will improve its mobility policies and these can be captured and evaluated by the Mobility Labelling Tool.
How to Use the Guide
The Boxed Solutions Guide is a stand-alone resource that can be used in the planning and implementation process of Mobility Management. The Guide is complemented by the MoMa.BIZ Mobility Labelling Tool and it is therefore recommended to use them in combination.
In order to get the most out of the Guide the authors propose the following process:
- Step 1: Evaluate the BIZ/company by using the Mobility Labelling Tool
- Step 2: Survey the employees in order to understand their mobility behaviour and potential for change
- Step 3: Decide on the areas in which to intervene in order to improve the mobility of the BIZ/company
- Step 4: Consult the relevant Box, which contains a number of different mobility solutions and useful resources, when planning the Mobility Plan
- Step 5: Control whether your local/national government or any other organisation offers assistance and/or incentives for the implementation of Mobility Plans
- Step 6: Implement the Mobility Plan
- Step 7: Evaluate the BIZ/company by using the Mobility Labelling Tool
Download the Boxed Solutions Guide here:
Box: Introduction - Mobility Management
Box 1: Cycling
Box 2: Walking
Box 3: Public Transport
Box 4: Carpooling
Box 5: Carsharing
Box 6: Car Mangement and Vansharing
Box 7: Transport for People with Reduced Mobility
Box 8: Further Mobility Measures
Box 9: Marketing and Promotion